Stems for rests under quaver beam

From: Paul Hodges
Subject: Stems for rests under quaver beam
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 10:25:51 +0100

I have been asked to set a modern piece for Flute, and it has some
elements which are new to me, and which I have been unable to find a way
to present.  The first of these is that the composer regularly writes
rests within (or at the ends of) groups of quavers beamed together.
Using manual beaming it is easy to get the beams to extend over the
rests as required; however, in the manuscript (and in a printed copy of
some other music of his) there is a stub stem from the beam towards the
rest.

I suppose I can draw this as an individual markup on each occasion, but
doing this for dozens of cases is daunting, and I wonder if anyone can
suggest a more practical approach?

Thanks for any ideas!
Paul