Re: Non-numeric page number

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Non-numeric page number
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 00:29:31 +0200

Am Di., 24. Aug. 2021 um 18:38 Uhr schrieb Paul Hodges <pwh@cassland.org>:

> I am making a score one of whose pages (the last) will fold out from the
> previous.  The previous page is numbered 5, but I have been told to make
> the fold-out page not 6 but 5a.  I can't see how to change the header
> format for just a single page - can anyone help?
>
> Thanks, as ever,
> Paul

Hi Paul,

below may be a possibility, it has some strong limitations, though:
It works only for the very last page, which must be an otherwise even
number. Meaning you can't add another page.
To have it mid-score/book would likely require a lot more afford.

#(define (last-page-leporello layout props arg)
  (let ((new-arg
          (if (and (chain-assoc-get 'page:is-last-bookpart props)
                   (chain-assoc-get 'page:is-bookpart-last-page props))
              (format #f "~aa" (1- (chain-assoc-get 'page:page-number props)))
              arg)))
  (interpret-markup layout props new-arg)))

\paper {
  oddHeaderMarkup = \markup
  \fill-line {
    ""
    \on-the-fly #not-part-first-page \fromproperty #'header:instrument
    \on-the-fly #print-page-number-check-first
    \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string
  }

  %% evenHeaderMarkup would inherit the value of
  %% oddHeaderMarkup if it were not defined here
  evenHeaderMarkup = \markup
  \fill-line {
    \on-the-fly #print-page-number-check-first
    \on-the-fly #last-page-leporello \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string
    \on-the-fly #not-part-first-page \fromproperty #'header:instrument
    ""

\markup  "PAGE 1"
\pageBreak
\markup  "PAGE 2"