Re: Parenthensize a horizontal group?

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Parenthensize a horizontal group?
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 00:07:23 -0700

On 2021-08-25 7:36 am, Ernie Braganza wrote:
When I use the parenthesizeMusic function or the snippet in LSR-902 with a winged repeat bar, the parenthesis collides with the bar. I have not been able to find a way to pad the bar or the parentheses in a way that avoids
this.
[in this code I could simply reduce the font size, but that does not fix
the issue in my score]

\relative c''
{
\override ParenthesesItem.font-size = 7
  \override ParenthesesItem.extra-offset =
  #(lambda (grob) (cons 0 (* -1/2 (ly:grob-staff-position grob))))
  g2 r4
  \parenthesizeMusic {
    d'8 bes8
  }
  \bar":|]"
}

It is possible to add some padding to the BarLine:

%%%%
  \once \override Staff.BarLine.extra-spacing-width = #'(-2 . 0)
%%%%

-- Aaron Hill