Re: how to not specify midi instrument?

From: Calvin Ransom
Subject: Re: how to not specify midi instrument?
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 07:01:44 +0000

Hi Tom,
  • What software are you opening the file in?
  • What operating system are you using?
  • What keyboard are you trying to connect to (if you have a digital manual that would be very helpful)
You can specify the instrument of the music using midiInstrument for the standard midi instruments.  Midi Instrument List
I suspect the issue is not with LilyPond but with your midi driver setup and the connection between your computer and your keyboard.

Regards,

Calvin Ransom,

Hopefully helpful Troubleshooter.

Calvin Ransom