Re: Custom page with blank staves

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: Custom page with blank staves
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 07:08:19 -0700

On Sun, Aug 29, 2021 at 6:57 AM Knute Snortum <ksnortum@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 29, 2021 at 5:13 AM Ivanov Dmitry <usr345@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Ok, I was able to adjust the variables to produce something I want.
> > Can you explain:
> >
> > 1. The doc says: "the vertical distance, measured in staff-spaces" -
> > what is staff space as a unit of measurement?
> >
> > 2. A lot of space appears if there is no markup between the blocks. Is
> > it possible to suppress it?
>
> Try adding this to your paper block:
>
> score-system-spacing.stretchability = #0

I forgot to add that a lot of your spacing settings don't make sense.
For instance:

%%%
  system-system-spacing =
    #'((basic-distance . 2)
       (minimum-distance . 5)
       (padding . 5)
       (stretchability . 1))
%%%

>From the documentation: "Values for basic-distance that are less than
either padding or minimum-distance are not meaningful, since the
resulting distance will never be less than either padding or
minimum-distance."

For nice, hard spacing that doesn't stretch, try something like this:

%%%
\paper {
  tagline = ""
  indent = 4\cm
  markup-system-spacing =
    #'((basic-distance . 5)
       (minimum-distance . 0)
       (padding . 0)
       (stretchability . 0))
  score-markup-spacing =
    #'((basic-distance . 10)
       (minimum-distance . 0)
       (padding . 0)
       (stretchability . 0))
  system-system-spacing =
    #'((basic-distance . 10)
       (minimum-distance . 0)
       (padding . 0)
       (stretchability . 0))
  score-system-spacing.stretchability = #0
  print-page-number = ##f
  #(include-special-characters)
}
%%%