Modyfing bracketify-stencil

From: Marcin Damianiak
Subject: Modyfing bracketify-stencil
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 02:11:22 +0200

Dear All,

I have two questions regarding the bracketify-stencil function. When I use the following snippet:

\relative c' {
\time 4/4
\once\override Staff.MultiMeasureRest.stencil = #(lambda (grob)
(bracketify-stencil (ly:multi-measure-rest::print grob) Y 0.1 0.2 0.1))
R1
}

it creates brackets of the inner object's exact height. I'd like to ask whether it is possible to:
1. make them longer on both ends, to extend beyond the parenthesized object
2. disable one of the brackets (to keep only left or right)

I'm using Lilypond 2.22.1.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best,
Marcin