Re: Tuplet bracket visibility seems to break something

From: Leo Correia de Verdier
Subject: Re: Tuplet bracket visibility seems to break something
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 11:05:31 +0200

The reason for it breaking is that in the code you posted there are vertical
lines ” || " instead of backslashes ” \\ ” separating the voices.

The bracket issue is that the override needs to go in a context where the
tuples sees it. By default it goes into the Voice context here, and the << … \\
… \\  … >> creates new voices that are unaffected by the override. You need
either write
\override Staff.TupletBracket.bracket-visibility = ##t
where it is now to override at staff level or to place the override in the
voice it is supposed to affect.

HTH
/Leo