Re: Beaming across voices and staffs

From: Paul Hodges
Subject: Re: Beaming across voices and staffs
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 11:27:19 +0100

The best/easiest solution may depend on the surrounding context.  But
the immediate thing that comes to mind for your limited example is:

\score {
   \new PianoStaff
   <<
     \new Staff = "up" {\clef G c''8[ \change Staff = "low" c8]}
     \new Staff = "low" {\clef F r8 \change Staff = "up" r8}

}

But I will admit that choosing the voices in complex (in my case modern)
piano music is perhaps the thing I find hardest in LilyPond - especially
if the composer has not been thinking in voices that are continuous for
more than a bar or two.  The choice is critical in determining how much
effort will be needed  tweaking directions and so on.

Paul