Re: \addlyrics in ossia staff

From: Peter Toye
Subject: Re: \addlyrics in ossia staff
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 14:50:17 +0100

Hello Lukas-Fabian,

Thanks. I knew I'd missed something.

With regard to the quotes - I was following the latest documentation.

Best regards,

Peter

mailto:lilypond@ptoye.com

www.ptoye.com

-------------------------

Sunday, September 19, 2021, 2:28:00 PM, Lukas-Fabian Moser wrote:

Hi Peter,

Am 19.09.21 um 15:15 schrieb Peter Toye:
I'm trying to set a passage of vocal music with a short solo line. But the example below shows that the lyric is not attached to the correct staff. Any ideas how to get it right simply?

That's a matter of naming the ossia staff and using alignBelowContext for the lyrics.

But I modified your snippet a bit: I removed a number of superfluous brace pairs { }, and it's not necessary anymore to put quotes "" around context names.

\version "2.22.1"

\language "english"

\new Staff = tutti-staff
<<
  \new Voice = tutti-voice
  \relative {
    c'4 d e f |
    <<
      {
        g f e d |
        c d e f |
      }
      \new Staff = ossiastaff \with {
        \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
        firstClef = ##f
        alignAboveContext = tutti-staff
      } \relative {
        b'4 a g f |
        e f g a |
      }
      \addlyrics \with { alignBelowContext = ossiastaff } {
        So -- lo so -- lo so -- lo so -- lo
      }

    g f e d |
  }

  \new Lyrics \lyricsto tutti-voice {
    Tut -- ti tut -- ti  tut -- ti tut -- ti
    Tut -- ti tut -- ti  tut -- ti tut -- ti
  }

Actually, I don't think removing the Time_signature_engraver is really correct for an ossia staff, because if a time signature change were to happen during an ossia, it should be printed in the ossia staff. But I admit that it's quite hard to design ossia staves in a "universally correct" way, and it's probably best to use shortcuts like you did in music not containig complications like these.

Lukas