Re: How to obtain rehearsal mark alignment directly above a bar line?

From: Hans Aikema
Subject: Re: How to obtain rehearsal mark alignment directly above a bar line?
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 08:47:32 +0200

On 22 Sep 2021, at 06:19, Kenneth Wolcott <kennethwolcott@gmail.com> wrote:

HI;

How to obtain rehearsal mark alignment directly above a bar line?

I've looked at the results from searching Notation for 'rehearsal mark" and the
break-alignable-interface section.

I'm attaching an image of one rehearsal mark from the score I'm trying
to engrave from and the resulting image that I have engraved.

The original has the mark centered on the bar line. (earlier image)

My engraving has the mark to the right of the bar line. (latter image)

Thanks,
Ken Wolcott
<Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 21.17.04.png>
<Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 21.17.18.png>

By making sure that the rehearsal mark is at a bar division (end of a measure), see all the samples in the documentation that lay-out just like you want. It also shows you how you can use the squared boxes if you want to replicate that.
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.22/Documentation/notation/bars.en.html#rehearsal-marks

Gut feel is that you have the \mark \default currently coded after the first quaver of the new measure.