Re: considering getting a new mac that has the new M chip; does Lilypond

From: Kenneth Wolcott
Subject: Re: considering getting a new mac that has the new M chip; does Lilypond install/run ok?
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 17:16:31 -0700

Hi Matt;

  Thanks for your data point.

  My macbook pro is era 2013 and the battery is no longer working,
using external power, and it is now quite slow (just over the past few
weeks).

  I have to use an external fan and even then the heat gets so high
that it slows down.

  I'm looking into Docker now.

  The last time I used Docker was shortly after it first became
popular and I can't remember how to do anything :-)

  If I get a new Mac using the M1 chip, then I won't have to use
Docker, but it will be a good brain exercise.

Thanks,
Ken