Re: concatenate BarNumber and string (\")?

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: concatenate BarNumber and string (\")?
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 08:21:43 -0700

On 2021-09-25 7:30 am, padovani wrote:
Hi,

I'm working with an algorithmic transcription of some sounds. I'm using a
1/4 TimeSignature with custom barlines and would like to concatenate a
seconds quote (") to the BarNumber...

Do you have any tips on how to do that?

It seems that I should deal with BarNumber.stencil, but I'm not getting how
to concatenate the printed number to an arbitrary string.

Any suggestions?

grob-transformer on BarNumber.text would be ideal, but that property does not support a callback.

You could do the transform yourself either within a stencil callback or using before-line-breaking:

%%%%
asdf = {
  \override Score.BarNumber.break-visibility = #all-visible
  \time 1/4 \repeat unfold 9 b'4
}

{
  \override Score.BarNumber.stencil =
  #(lambda (grob)
    (let ((text (ly:grob-property grob 'text)))
     (grob-interpret-markup grob
      #{ \markup \concat { #text "\"" } #})))
  \asdf
}

{
  \override Score.BarNumber.before-line-breaking =
  #(lambda (grob)
    (let ((text (ly:grob-property grob 'text)))
     (ly:grob-set-property! grob 'text
      #{ \markup \concat { #text "\"" } #})))
  \asdf
}