Slurs with "afterGrace"

From: Alasdair McAndrew
Subject: Slurs with "afterGrace"
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 07:55:30 +0000

This works:
g4( \grace {a16 g16})

making a slur which includes the grace notes. But in order to get the right spacing and barring (I need grace notes to occur before the bar line, rather than after), I need to use "afterGrace":

\afterGrace g4 {a16 g16}

However, if I attempt to include a slur:

\afterGrace g4( {a16 g16} )

I get a warning about an "Unattached SlurEvent". Lilypond makes a good guess at what I want and bungs a slur in anyway - but what does this warning mean, and how can I avoid it? Thank you!

Alasdair
--
0432 854 858
https://numbersandshapes.net