Re: Question about cairo backend

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Question about cairo backend
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 08:57:22 +0100

Le 13 févr. 2022 à 00:04, Paolo Prete <paolopr976@gmail.com> a écrit :

Hello,

I'm testing the cairo backend on SVG output.
However, it doesn't seem to support metadata through output-attributes, nor point-and-click links.

After reading this thread

Note that a lot more has happened since that thread, so it will not always be the best source of information.

... it appears to me that the lack of hyperlinks is in the TODO list. But what about metadata (output-attributes)? Are they in the TODO list as well?

Anything not supported in Cairo but suported in the current backends is on the roadmap since a full switch to Cairo will not happen before it has complete feature parity with the current backends.

If you want more information on recent developments, and especially if you want to help out, you will want to write to the devel list and perhaps CC Han-Wen in particular.

Regards,
Jean