Re: Markup problem

From: Rip _Mus
Subject: Re: Markup problem
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 12:10:32 +0100

Thank you!
I would like to avoid lilypond-book, because I only need to manage performance notes which, if they are extended, need to be spread over several pages automatically.
The snippet works well!

Rip_Mus

Il giorno dom 13 feb 2022 alle ore 11:48 Lukas-Fabian Moser <lfm@gmx.de> ha scritto:
Hi,

Am 13.02.22 um 11:35 schrieb Rip _Mus:
> Good morning\evening to everyone,
> attached a little problem of mine, please let me understand (and
> thanks a lot to all users that helped me with the stencil definition,
> maybe I forgot to answer!):
>
> why, after the score, the second markup goes directly on the other page?

LilyPond is not very good at supporting text paragraphs running across
page breaks. (Try making your first lorem ipsum-text longer and see what
happens.) Part of a solution may be found in
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/snippets/text.html#text-markup-list

But for combining large amounts of text with interspersed LilyPond
scores, I'd rather recommend a combination of LilyPond and LaTeX.
LilyPond comes shipped with lilypond-book, but if you're willing to use
LuaLaTeX, you can use lyluatex (https://github.com/jperon/lyluatex)
which is a huge improvement ober lilypond-book.

Lukas