Re: \crossStaff confusion

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: \crossStaff confusion
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 07:40:42 +0100

Le 22/02/2022 à 07:28, Mark Probert a écrit :
Hi, again.

I'm not used to working with piano scores and ran across and example
that required I use \crossStaff. Unfortunately, it is not doing as I
ask it and wonder if someone can point me in the right direction.

In this example I want an arpeggio line and I want the C in the bass to
be joined (and at the correct value to) the voice above it.

As an aside, the convoluted structure helps me in doing this art song
setting as there is a voice line above the piano (not shown) and I
wanted this example in context.

\crossStaff should be used on the voice whose stems should
extend past their staff. In this case, this is the upper voice.
To get cross-staff arpeggios, you'd put \arpeggio in both voices
and use the connectArpeggios property as shown here:

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/notation/expressive-marks-as-lines#arpeggio

\version "2.22"

\layout {
  \context {