RE: Key change with clef after the bar line?

From: Alasdair
Subject: RE: Key change with clef after the bar line?
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 09:51:19 +1100

Dear Jean,

I have just had time to make that change (of key to key-signature).  However, there is still an issue.  For example, in change from g major to g minor, we go from one sharp to two flats.  As I have a key signature in the middle of a bar (after a “Fine”), my current bar looks like this:

g4^\markup \fontsize #2 \italic "Fin" \bar "||" \set Staff.forceClef = ##t  \key g \minor d8 |

However, what happens is that the natural sign is printed on top of the double bar line.  So either I need to not print the natural (which would be my preference), or somehow push the entire new key signature (one natural and two flats) after the clef sign.

Note that I’m not interested in modern best practice, but I want to (with modern music printing) maintain the spirit of the 18th century manuscript.

Thank you again,

Alasdair

Sent from Mail for Windows