DynamicTextSpanner spacing

From: Erika Pirnes
Subject: DynamicTextSpanner spacing
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2022 23:49:12 +0000

I would like the dotted line of the crescendo to start a bit later and end a bit earlier. It is too close to "cresc.", in my opinion at least. And sometimes too close to the "f" as well. (A tiny detail, for sure, but it looks annoying.) Any ideas?

Minimal example below. (The problem with "f" didn't appear without repeting the passage.)

\version "2.18.2"

music = \relative c' {
  \repeat unfold 5{c8 \p \cresc d e f g a b4 c8 \f b c2.}
}

\score{
  \new Staff {\music}

  \layout{
    \context{
      \Score
      \override DynamicTextSpanner.style = #'dotted-line
      \override DynamicLineSpanner.staff-padding = #3

Thank you!
Erika