Re: Documentation confusion regarding MIDI.

From: Dario Marrini
Subject: Re: Documentation confusion regarding MIDI.
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 08:00:52 +0100

Well,. I'm part of the same club, the Midi environment has always been a hard chapter, anyhow, I know the difference between 'track' and 'channel' : in sound or video editing software, the track is just a container, you can have multiple tracks, video tracks, audio tracks, Midi tracks and so on, any track has its own properties, regarding the 'nature' of the carried information, in example you can have a mono or stereo audio track. Channels are tracks you can play (or record) simultaneously, for example my Tascam portable stereo recorder has four tracks capability, then I can use four microphones at the same time, but channels are always two, to listen all four tracks I have to mix them into two channels. Hoping it helps, bye

Dario