Re: Music publishing houses accepting Lilypond files?

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Music publishing houses accepting Lilypond files?
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 19:20:43 +0100

Hi Colin,

I haven’t tried it myself, but generally publishers have a house style and want all their publications to comply with that house style. It’s offputting to me, because I have my own aesthetic preferences which don’t match with what computer typesetting typically looks like, so I would love if them simply taking .pdfs and adding front matter/page numbers etc. was a thing. Sadly, I don’t think it is.

Urs Liska and collaborator(s) had a major success with their LilyPond/LaTeX edition of Oskar Fried lieder which received a German Edition of the Year award. However, the publisher they worked with is so small it barely exists.

Best, Simon