Re: Inter-staff bar line for ChoirStaff?

From: Matthew Fong
Subject: Re: Inter-staff bar line for ChoirStaff?
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 15:22:45 -0700

Hello Jean,

I only want the bar lines interstaff at the double bar, and not at every measure. The purpose is this helps better visually mark the end of a phrase.

I'm also trying to avoid Mensurstriche layout, since the choir doesn't seem to like it very much.

Many thanks,
mattfong

On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 3:07 PM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

Le 17/03/2022 à 23:03, Matthew Fong a écrit :
> Dear LilyPonders,
>
> I'm using ChoirStaff to typeset some SATB vocal music, but for clarity
> to the singers, I wanted to extend the double bar so that it is also
> in between the bar lines. The ChoirStaff doesn't allow this per
> LilyPond documentation
> (https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/notation/displaying-staves#grouping-staves).

Then why not use a context type that has this, like StaffGroup?

Jean