Re: Beaming with magnifyStaff and stopStaff

From: Shane Brandes
Subject: Re: Beaming with magnifyStaff and stopStaff
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 22:21:48 -0400

values greater than 1 also yield odd results.

On Sun, Mar 20, 2022 at 6:41 PM Knute Snortum <ksnortum@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I have run into another possible-bug-certainly-ugly issue that I found
trying to create an ossia bar. When a musical figure has beams and the
staff is reduced in size with magnifyStaff and there is a stopStaff
right after it, the stems are too short and the beams are too wide.
Here's a MWE:

%%%
\version "2.23.6"

  \new Staff \with { \magnifyStaff #2/3 } {
    \relative {
      c''16 c \stopStaff s4. s2 |
%%%

Is it a bug that I should post on the bugs list?  Is there a work-around?

--
Knute Snortum