LilyPond 2.23.7 released

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: LilyPond 2.23.7 released
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2022 22:36:05 +0100

We are happy to announce the release of LilyPond 2.23.7. This is termed
a development release, but these are usually reliable. If you want to
use the current stable version of LilyPond, we recommend using the
2.22.2 version.

Starting with this release, LilyPond requires Guile 2.2 and the
official binaries were created with the new infrastructure developed
over the past months. Issues reported for the previous release have
been addressed, in particular regarding performance (by integrating
compiled bytecode) and on Windows, where it is now possible to extract
the provided zip archive with the Windows Explorer and use special
characters in filenames. Please test this release and let us know about
problems that you encounter.