Re: Running 2.23.7 on Linux

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: Running 2.23.7 on Linux
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 07:55:42 -0700

On Mon, Mar 28, 2022 at 6:55 AM Mats Bengtsson <matsboxergrand@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2022-03-28 15:35, Carl Sorensen wrote:
>>

>> I just tried doing a similar soft link in Ubuntu and I get exactly the same
>> error message, so it's most likely not OS related.
>

> Just a wild guess.  Do you have ~/bin/lilypond in your path?
>
> Carl
>
> Yes, that's the soft link that I added in my previous attempt, but it doesn't
> matter. If I remove the link from ~/bin/, instead add a link from
> /tmp/lilypond and call it, I get the same error:
>
> > /tmp/lilypond
> GNU LilyPond 2.23.7 (running Guile 2.2)
> Uncaught exception:
> Throw to key misc-error with args ("primitive-load-path" "Unable to find file
> ~S in load path" ("ice-9/boot-9") #f)Cannot exit gracefully when init is in
> progress; aborting.
> Abort (core dumped)
>
>     /Mats

I know it doesn't solve the symlink problem, but here is what my
~/bin/lilypond looks like, and it works fine:

###
#!/bin/bash

LY_HOME="${LY_HOME:-/home/knute/lilypond/lilypond-2.23.7/bin}"
$LY_HOME/lilypond $@
###

If I want another version of LilyPond to execute, I can issue the commands:

$ export LY_HOME=/home/knute/lilypond/lilypond-2.22.2/bin
$ lilypond --version

GNU LilyPond 2.22.2

--
Knute Snortum