Re: Unable to use repeat volta

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Unable to use repeat volta
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2022 18:55:40 +0200

Omer Katzir <komer83@gmail.com> writes:

>> On 7 Apr 2022, at 18:03, David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:
>>
>> Omer Katzir <komer83@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Using on macOS Monterey, compiled from macports
>>>
>>> Taken the snippet from
>>> https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/notation/long-repeats
>>> <https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/notation/long-repeats>
>>
>> You see the v2.23 in that URL?
>>
>>> Starting lilypond 2.22.2 [Untitled]...
>>
>> There is no guarantee that future extensions of LilyPond will be
>> undocumented, so if you use documentation for future versions of
>> LilyPond (compared to the version you use), you might run into problems
>> occasionally.
>
> Thank you everyone for your answers, Google wasn’t the best choice
> when I was looking for this. Thank you for guiding me for the right
> place!

It usually works reasonably well when finding a page like that to
replace just the version number in the URL to get suitable information.
Occasionally you will hit a chapter that does not exist for v2.22 while
it does for v2.23, but the vast majority will be a modification of what
was there before and named identically apart from the version number.

--
David Kastrup