Workaround for issue 6307

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Workaround for issue 6307
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 12:54:10 -0700

Hi everyone.

I am looking for a workaround for issue 6307 [1].  Under some
circumstances, the stems of a beamed series of notes do not reach all
the way down to the beam.  I've tried several different ways to
correct this, but without success. Any help would be appreciated.

%%%%%
\version "2.22.2"

\new Staff \with { \magnifyStaff #2/3 }
{
  \relative c'' {
    \tuplet 3/2 {
      %%% Below corrects beam thickness
      \once \override Beam.beam-thickness = 0.25

      %%% Below changes the stem lengths, but the beam
      %%% still "shies away" from the bottom of the stem.
      % \once \override Stem.details.beamed-lengths = #'(3 3 3)

      %%% Below changes the beam position, but the stems
      %%% still shy away from the beam.
      % \once \override Beam.positions = #'(-1.5 . -2)
      d8 c b
    } \stopStaff \grace { s8 } s4
%%%%%

[1] https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/6307