Re: How do I merge a quarter-note with the second eighth-note of a pair?

From: Kevin Cole
Subject: Re: How do I merge a quarter-note with the second eighth-note of a pair?
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 20:08:41 -0400

On Tue, Apr 12, 2022 at 7:39 PM Paul Hodges <pwh@cassland.org> wrote:

I think that's a misprint in the source, and the upstem should have a flag.  I presume that below there are two sets of words with different numbers of syllables which require different grouping of the notes.

Paul

Yeah, that's what I concluded, but only after I posted, naturally. ;-)

(There are several verses and I haven't entered, or even read them yet. So, I don't yet know which ones will be syllabically different. But when David asked "Why?" I looked again and it didn't make sense. My bad.)