Re: Custom keypad for streamlining LilyPond input - thoughts?

From: Nikolai Hedler
Subject: Re: Custom keypad for streamlining LilyPond input - thoughts?
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 13:15:07 -0400

After some research, I found some discussion of a software tool
Nicolas built that had a similar intention; from what I can tell, his
strategy was to use this software to interpret input from a standard
keyboard as LilyPond functions, rather than using separate hardware.
The obvious advantage of his approach is that no additional hardware
is required; on the other hand, it is only compatible with the editing
software it was written for and requires the user to learn (and, I
believe, memorize) the key "map" or use a "cheat sheet" of some sort.
Unfortunately, it also appears that it's no longer available...

- Nikolai