Re: issues with "afterGrace" since 2.20

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: issues with "afterGrace" since 2.20
Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 13:17:59 +0200

Le 28/05/2022 à 13:12, Lukas-Fabian Moser a écrit :
Hi Jean,

If you don't want to fix your files manually, you could
add a redefinition of \afterGrace that doesn't have
this optional argument, like this:

\version "2.22.2"

afterGrace = \afterGrace \afterGraceFraction \etc

\language "english"
\relative c' { d2 \afterGrace 4 { cs16 d } }

Sorry for duplicating your reply (although it's kind of funny we gave exactly the same half-ideal remedy).

I was amused too :-)

The reason is that for some weeks now, I've been having issues with mail delays on the LilyPond mailing lists: I routinely receive e-mails 1-2 days late, and most of the time, I see replies to messages that haven't arrived yet. While I'm sure no information gets lost in the long run, this nevertheless has taken the fun out of following the lists a bit for me.

It's not just you. I am also regularly receiving emails with a delay of 3 or 4 hours, although not as much as 2 days. See also

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2022-05/msg00397.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2022-05/msg00183.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2022-02/msg00031.html

Does anyone know whom we could write to at GNU? This is getting annoying.

Jean