Re: Scores of Beauty

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Scores of Beauty
Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 08:59:58 -0400

Hi Andrew,

> If people want to continue it I would be happy. alongside the OLL project, to
> run up a blog to host it.

I believe a user-contributed public “blog” forum would be a good thing. Quite
often, I want to quickly post a hint or example of what I’ve done recently, and
there really isn’t a good place for it. (Yes, one *could* post to this list…
but the list tends to favour Q&A as opposed to “see what can be done?!” posts,
and it’s not really public, and there isn’t a great UI, and and and…)

> My only condition is that we pick another name.

Happy to help brainstorm that one!

> I don't think it would be easy to pull the old articles, excellent thought
> they were, and many may be quite outdated by now.

It might be interesting to take some of the old articles and show the extent to
which newer versions of Lilypond do or do not address the issue(s) being
highlighted.

> If there is support for me doing this, let me know.

From me: Yes!

Thanks,
Kieren.