Re: Moving ClefModifiers vertically

From: Simon Bailey
Subject: Re: Moving ClefModifiers vertically
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 12:33:47 +0100

Hi Jean,

On Tue, 31 May 2022 at 11:46, Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:
> Le 31/05/2022 à 12:14, Simon Bailey a écrit :
> The pairs in clef-alignments are not (x . y) but (x-down . x-up),
> where x-down and x-up respectively control the horizontal
> alignment for clef modifiers that lower or raise the octave.

Well, that's my facepalm moment of the day… How easy/hard/burocratic
is it to submit a patch for the documentation to make that a bit
clearer?

> To get what you want, you need to use a grob callback.
>
> \version "2.22.2"
>
> #(define (clef::is-reduced grob)
<... SNIP SNIP SNIP ...>
> { \clef "F^8" s2 \clef "F_8" s2 }
>

> Cf.
> https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/extending/callback-functions
> and
> https://extending-lilypond.readthedocs.io/en/latest/backend.html#understanding-callbacks

I have absolutely no clue what's happening here, but it does the trick
:D 20 years in and I still don't really understand Scheme. Maybe
someday I'll be able to work these things out on my own.

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards,
sb

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of trombonists, for they are subtle and
quick to anger.