Re: Frescobaldi on Wayland

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi on Wayland
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2022 19:05:30 +0200

Hello Andrew,

the error message can be safely ignored. QWindow::requestActivate() is used to
make a window active. Frescobaldi is pretty stable under Wayland, just some
small quirks (i.e. you cannot dock a Toolbar that has be detached into the
main window and tooltips might display in a weird way).

But I’m using Frescobaldi natively under Wayland for quite some time now, and
there are no real problems.

You can of course force Frescobaldi to run under XWayland by setting
QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb. So as long as you’ve got XWayland running there should be
no problem with getting Frescobaldi to run in it’s full glory.

Cheers,
Valentin