Re: Left-hand end of tuplet bracket sometimes wrong

From: Paul Hodges
Subject: Re: Left-hand end of tuplet bracket sometimes wrong
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2022 12:23:23 +0100

From: Aaron Hill <lilypond@hillvisions.com>

You would want to adjust the X-positions, so that the TupletNumber is
centered properly.  See the difference:

Thanks for the correction; I used shorten-pair, because in the internals it is clear that the effect is relative to the situation without it, which was easy to apply.  The X-position option was less clear how it would work - yes, I could have experimented, of course, but there was no hint there of the different effect on the number (and in my context that was not apparent), so I didn't bother.

Anyway, the proposed patch has worked perfectly for me, so thanks to all who contributed.

Paul