Re: Terminate one-note hairpin at end of note

From: Ahanu Banerjee
Subject: Re: Terminate one-note hairpin at end of note
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2022 20:24:53 -0400

I should have scrolled further down in the documentation. This works:

\override Hairpin.endpoint-alignments = #`(,LEFT . ,LEFT)

-Ahanu

On Thu, Jun 9, 2022 at 8:21 PM Ahanu Banerjee <ahanuban@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

shorten-pair works, but I was hoping there would be an easier solution that automatically places the endpoint and doesn't require trial and error.

Thanks,
-Ahanu

On Thu, Jun 9, 2022 at 7:51 PM Kieren MacMillan <kieren@kierenmacmillan.info> wrote:
Hi Ahanu,

> Is there a clean way to terminate a hairpin at the end of the same note it begins with, i.e., at the left side of the next note?

Maybe shorten-pair?

%%%  SNIPPET BEGINS
\version "2.23.4"

\layout { ragged-right = ##f }

{
  % default output
  \after 2 \! c'2\> 4 4 |
  %desired output
  2\> 4\hide\p 4 |
  %alternatively, this works:
  \after 4. \! 2\> 4 4 |

  \break
  c'2-\tweak shorten-pair #'(0 . 1.5) \> 4\! 4 |
}
%%%  SNIPPET ENDS

There are other ways, if this doesn’t suit.

Cheers,
Kieren.