Re: L-R reversed mensural flag

From: Vaughan McAlley
Subject: Re: L-R reversed mensural flag
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 21:10:53 +1000

On Wed, 15 Jun 2022 at 15:38, Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

Le 15/06/2022 à 05:53, Adam M. Griggs a écrit :
> Hello list,
>
> Just a quick request today, if I may. What I'd like is a stem-down
> fusa (mensural-style quaver or eighth-note) with its flag extending to
> the right instead of the left. A mirror image of the regular engraving.
>
> I can get close by overriding the flag back into standard style but I
> want to retain the mensural shape, so that isn't ideal.
>
> Thank you!

Something like this?

\version "2.22.2"

\new MensuralStaff {
   \override Flag.stencil =
     #(grob-transformer
       'stencil
       (lambda (grob original)
         (ly:stencil-scale original -1 1)))
   c''8
}

Best,
Jean

Modifying the existing stencil is pretty cool. I never quite got that far into the “Extending Lilypond” section…

Vaughan