Override NoteHead glyph

From: Ahanu Banerjee
Subject: Override NoteHead glyph
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 15:19:20 -0400

Hello,

I am trying to create noteheads (without stems) that have a duration longer than a quarter note (crotchet) but are filled-in. They are meant to represent the notes that will be heard when a harmonic is played. I am not sure how to do this; one workaround is to use a quarter note value and a spacer rest, but this results in too much empty space. I tried \override NoteHead.glyph-name = #'"noteheads.s2", but that did not work.

Example below (the notes are arbitrary):

\version "2.23.7"
\relative c''
{ << { \override Parentheses.font-size = #-1.5 \omit Flag \omit Stem
       \teeny \tweak X-offset #0.2
%% the higher voice should have filled-in noteheads
       <\parenthesize d \parenthesize f>2 } \\
     { <d,\harmonic g\harmonic>2 } >> <d g> }

Thanks,
-Ahanu