shiftDurations and tempo

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: shiftDurations and tempo
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 20:10:03 +0200

Hello everyone,

I’m trying to encode a piece such that I can switch whether or not durations will be shifted (note values halved/doubled). Unfortunately \tempo isn’t affected by \shiftDurations (that would be a sensible feature request, right?), so I tried this:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.23.9"

durationShiftOne = #-1
{
  \tempo #(ly:make-duration (+ 3 durationShiftOne)) = 152
  \shiftDurations \durationShiftOne #0 { 8 }
}

but unfortunately Lily won’t accept that Scheme expression instead of the normal duration.

Can I make that work some other way?

Should the parser be able to take that Scheme expression there?

Best, Simon