Re: Access header-modules from inside markup-command

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Access header-modules from inside markup-command
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 10:35:28 +0200

Le 28/06/2022 à 01:27, Thomas Morley a écrit :
I try to code sort of a tablature for Akkordzither.

Instead of longish descriptions best look at the image at the bottom of
https://gitlab.com/Thomas_Morley/zither-ly/-/tree/development

Wow, that's quite challenging!

Obviously I need sort of a TabStaff running top to bottom as opposed
to the usual left to right.

If I use a portrait-paper-size, I can use the default header and need
to rotate the TabStaff. Not knowing how to do it different, I did so
putting the TabStaff into \markup.
This is the master-branch of above linked repo.
Alas, I can't ensure consistent line-width of the TabStaff, because
LilyPond does not accepts settings for line-width exceeding
paper-dimensions. Furthermore, LilyPond not only warns, but rejects my
attempts to set such a line-width.
LilyPond accepts the max width of the page, though because of said
rotation I need up to page-height. This is a show-stopper!

This doesn't work:

\version "2.23.11"

\paper {
  line-width = 29\cm