Re: Moving /downbow & /upbow to the tablature

From: Viktor Mastoridis
Subject: Re: Moving /downbow & /upbow to the tablature
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 22:07:08 +0100

> Ah, I was looking for that formula!
> I tried '\undo \hide Script' and similar, but this is a bit above my
> paygrade:-)
>
> Thank you so much, Valentin.
> ---
> <https://patreon.com/mastoridis>Viktor

You were almost there!

\undo \omit Script

Since removing the scripts is done with the equivalent of \omit, you
need to undo an \omit, not a \hide. See
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/notation/visibility-of-objects#removing-the-stencil
for the difference. You can notice the stencil overrides at
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/internals/tabstaff

Best,
Jean

I see!
I used \hide Script  to remove the objects from the notation and it worked, hence \undo \hide Script.
But with \hide Script, the chord names started to be displayed too high, so I had to lower them down.
Once you mentioned \omit, I realized that \hide makes the object transparent, but its place stays, like a ghost:-)
While \omit removes all traces of objects.

Ah, the depth and beauty of Lilypond:-)

Viktor