Re: lilypond-book texinfo and a two-book-ly-file

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: lilypond-book texinfo and a two-book-ly-file
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2022 16:44:09 +0200

Le 09/07/2022 à 13:41, Thomas Morley a écrit :
Hi,

for some huge custom code I'm going to write some documentation using texinfo.
I started to set up the file manual.tely.
In terminal then:
     lilypond-book manual.tely
     texi2html manual.texi

At some point I have:
@lilypondfile[quote]{../doc-snippets/haenschen-klein.ly}

Two questions about it:
(1) This ly-file ouputs two books and I see several images after
running lilypond-book for it:
lily-6333cb39-1-1.eps
lily-6333cb39-1.eps
lily-6333cb39.eps
lily-6333cb39-1.png
lily-6333cb39.png
Alas only the output of the first book is finally printed (i.e. after texi2html)
Is it possible get both books printed?

A low-tech solution is to put your music variables in an
include file and do two ly snippets, each with one of the
two books.

(2) One of the books is in portrait the other in landscape format
Is there any texinfo option to get the landscape one rotated?
That landscape thingy is needed and I can't change it, it may be an
option to drop the portrait-book, though.
Even dropping that one I'd need to get the landscape output rotated, though.

I don't think Texinfo has an easy way to rotate an image when
inserting it.

If I were to do this, I would probably just write the documentation
in a .ly file using \markup. Alternatively, I might use Sphinx,
which unlike Texinfo is extensible, and modify
https://github.com/sphinx-notes/lilypond
to add support for rotating the output.

Jean