Re: Mark formatter changed in v2.23?

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Mark formatter changed in v2.23?
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 23:09:02 +0200

Le 10/07/2022 à 22:55, Benjamin Tordoff a écrit :
Hi all, I was super excited to see the new D.S. and D.C. support coming in the next release (I have several scores where I've had to fake this) so decided to take a chance and upgrade to the devel release. Mostly everything works fine, but I discovered that the command I typically use to set the rehearsal mark format no longer works:

{
  \set Score.markFormatter = #format-mark-box-alphabet
  R1
  \mark \default % Should be boxed but isn't
  R1
}

This results in:

GNU LilyPond 2.23.10 (running Guile 2.2)
Processing `ex1.ly <http://ex1.ly>'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
warning: cannot find property type-check for `markFormatter' (translation-type?).  perhaps a typing error?
warning: skipping assignment

and the resulting score/parts have the default rehearsal mark scheme.

Does anyone know if the markFormatter now needs to be set differently, or is this an issue with the current devel version?

The syntax changed. You need to run convert-ly on your file to upgrade it. In Frescobaldi, you can do that with Tools > Update with convert-ly.

Best,
Jean