Re: which installation files contain code for notehead styles?

From: jerome talkington
Subject: Re: which installation files contain code for notehead styles?
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 15:17:59 -0700

Ah, I see...thanks!
Jean, to answer, reason being that I'm looking for an easy way to modify the #'slash notehead style so it can include augmentation dots. (rather than trying to create a new style from scratch, as that #'slash style has everything I need otherwise.)
Much appreciated,
LT

On Mon, Jul 11, 2022 at 2:17 PM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

Le 11/07/2022 à 22:55, Hans Aikema a écrit :

>> On 11 Jul 2022, at 21:56, Karlin High <karlinhigh@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 7/11/2022 1:01 PM, jerome talkington wrote:
>>> file containing the code for predefined notehead styles
>>
>> I am not the greatest expert on this. But property-init.ly seems to
>> have many things like that.
>>
>> <https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/blob/master/ly/property-init.ly>
>
> Neither am I, but AFAICT these are not in the installed files in
> readable form, but defined in the conventions of  the C-code
> https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/blob/master/lily/note-head.cc
> combined with the various *-noteheads fontsources
> https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/tree/master/mf
>
> The notehead style is a suffix to the name of the notehead characters
> in the font sources.

Yes, that's correct (it's just C++ code, not C). Though, what do you
need this information for? In case you're just looking for the full list
of note head styles, it's here:

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.22/Documentation/notation/note-head-styles

Jean