Re: Automatization

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Automatization
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 09:40:34 +0200

On Wed, 20 Jul 2022 at 09:35, Vincent Gay <vgay@vintherine.org> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I use the inlineMMRN function below whenever I think of it to display the number of bars of rests IN the staff. I find that it gains in readability when the scores are a bit heavy with textual indications.
>

> The problem is in the "every time I think of it". Is there by any chance a way to automate this without having to call the function every time?
>
> Thanks in advance and have a nice day

Salut Vincent,

You can put the overrides (without \once) in your layout block.

\layout {
  \context {
    \Voice
    \override MultiMeasureRest.layer = #-2
    \override MultiMeasureRestNumber.layer = #-1
    \override MultiMeasureRestNumber.Y-offset = #0
    \override MultiMeasureRestNumber.stencil = #white-under

Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <x.scheuer@gmail.com>