RE: Learning how to use "\change Staff"; don't get it yet, obviously

From: Mark Stephen Mrotek
Subject: RE: Learning how to use "\change Staff"; don't get it yet, obviously
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 15:03:57 -0700

Kenneth,

Not dense at all.
Change staff works within a single voice. You split it between rh and lh. Might
suggest you use "upper" and "lower" for staff designation if you use rh and lh
as variable names.

Assuming you start in "lower" with lh.
Then
\tuplet 3/2 { b,8(d b }
  \change Staff = "upper"   %% now continue with what you want in "upper"
{ d'8 fs' b' } \tuplet 3/2 { d''8 b' fs' }
  \change Staff = "lower"   %% and so on.

Note: that rh must contain spacers all the while so that the voice can move
back and forth without collisions.

Mark