markups and accents inside staff

From: Jim Cline
Subject: markups and accents inside staff
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 10:01:06 -0400 (EDT)

Apologies in advance; this seems like it must be simple, but I cannot find the answer. I would like to be able to move an accent closer to the note head, possibly using markup since it would also be nice to know how to get markups to print over the staff lines. Here is an example:

%%%
\version "2.20.0"
\relative c {
  \time 3/4
  \mergeDifferentlyDottedOn
  <<{<g'' c f>4\arpeggio e' d}\\{ g,8._> dis16 a2}>>|
}

The accent prints below the beam, and I would like it higher, closer to the note head, even if there is some collision with the stem or the staff.
But \vspace in markup does not allow me to do it.  --Jim