Re: vertical shift of trill

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: vertical shift of trill
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2022 14:45:29 +0000 (UTC)

> That said, there's a much simpler way.  [...]

Your solution is ingenious.  However, how on earth are we mere mortals
able to find that?  Both `note-columns` and `side-support-elements`
are tagged as internal properties, which essentially means "don't
touch".  Additionally, the documentation is ... scarce, to be polite.

I wonder whether it makes sense to encapsulate this functionality into
a LilyPond macro, to be provided by default.  Or maybe even better:
Could this functionality be activated automatically as soon as there
is `\override TrillSpanner.outside-staff-priority = ##f`?

    Werner