Re: 64-bit MacBook Air M2 problems

From: Ian West
Subject: Re: 64-bit MacBook Air M2 problems
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 13:18:16 +0100

Thanks gentlemen. You have been most helpful.
  • I am motoring with the 2.22.0 manual; so far everything is working. When it does not, I shall search out the 2.20 as you suggest.
  • I started to load Frescobaldi, and indeed downloaded MacPorts-2.7.2-12-Monterey.pkg. But could not face it. I have seen command line used, once, but would have to look up how to use it. Too much I fear.
  • Anyway, there is something very satisfying about the ‘longhand’ approach to writing music. I had one of the first copies of Sibelius sold (running on an Archimedes computer), but threw it and the Archimedes out and refused to buy another as the company would not credit me the £500 I had already spent. Made do with ABC,  Noteworthy and suchlike till I found Lilypond. They say it is not the arrival but the travelling, and I think it may apply here; but you know you are travelling when you get a score at the end. Compare a wordprocessor and setting type into a tray.
  • Viva Lilypond!
Best wishes, Ian West

---
Ian West
9 Thenford Road, Middleton Cheney,
BANBURY, OX17 2NB,
Tel: 01295 713 889; (Mobile: 07474 572 588)