Displaying bar numbers for repeats

From: Joseph Srednicki
Subject: Displaying bar numbers for repeats
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 23:11:30 +0000 (UTC)

Hello:

I looked at the Lilypond documentation and snippet library but did not find an answer to the question that I am asking in this message.

I am typesetting my personal performer's edition of Bach's Schmüke Dich (BWV 654). The first 34 measures are repeated with an alternate ending. (I am using a two-volta repeat.)

For only the repeated first section, is there a mechanism for displaying the bar number for volta 1 followed by the bar number for volta 2 in parentheses?

For example, measure 7 of the volta 1 is measure 41 of volta 2.

In this situation, I would like the bar number to appear as: 7 (41)

I am attaching a PNG image showing what I would like to do.

I am currently displaying bar numbers at the beginning of ever line except the first.

If this topic is covered in the snippets or Lilypond mail archive and I missed it, please refer me to the appropriate section.

Thanks for any help that anyone is willing to provide.

Joe Srednicki