Re: Alternative to Frescobaldi

From: J Martin Rushton
Subject: Re: Alternative to Frescobaldi
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2022 18:13:11 +0100

On Sun, 2022-09-04 at 00:52 +1000, Andrew Bernard wrote:
> Using Alma Linux 9 I can get Frescobaldi running with flatpak. I
> just
> installed it - no messing around. See attached image.
>
> Have not tried Alma Linux 8.6.
>
> I have not hammered it to test but the fact that it works is
> something.
> You can seen in the images there are some errors on the terminal.
> But
> I'd rather fiddle with source to address those than build F from
> source,
> which is still ridiculously hard with so many python stumbling
> blocks,
> even when using Qt5.
>
> Andrew

Well that seems to work now after a fashion.  I don't know if it was
the 52 packages I installed via dnf, two packages via pip3 (pip doesn't
work) or linking qmake -> qmake-qt5.  MIDI still isn't producing any
sound, but that may well be local configuration.

Anyhow, thanks very much.  I've added it to the menu system and it runs
up happily without a VT.  Just in time for a competition I've tried for
in the past, but didn't manage to get a decent score last year.

Kind regards,
Martin

--
J Martin Rushton MBCS