Re: Need help with two tweaks

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: Need help with two tweaks
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 02:34:19 +0200

Hello Sam,

for 1) you can do something like

\layout {
  \context {
    \Staff
    \remove Dot_column_engraver
  }
  \context {
    \Voice
    \consists Dot_column_engraver

<<
  { <c' c''>2. } \\
  { \once \override NoteColumn.force-hshift = #2.5 <bes' g'>2. }

This is not as dynamic as we’d want it to be though.

@2) Either set doubleSlurs to #t or use the \=[someID] notation, so using
<g\=1( d\=2(> you can start (and similarly end) multiple Slurs at the same
time. This will most likely need to be manually placed though.

But arguably it might not be a good idea to create too many Slurs for chords,
because it tends to get hard to read, and it might cause situations where you
confuse such slurs for ties.

Cheers,
Valentin